Tuesday, September 30, 2014

the only time i went out last week


(Photo taken by Jennifer Yiu and Yannick Mackiwicz from respectively.)

This was the only exciting thing I did last week because I am very much a homebody holed up with midsemester assessments. The good news for me is that I completed the last one today. In the process of completing my assignments, I spent a lot of time staring out my window. Sydney's been feeling like Summer the past two days. There's something in the air in the smell and warmth. It makes me think of lazy days, summer fruits, and heat waves. (I'd add something about lounging by the pool or going to the beach but it's blatantly untrue. The closest I get is contemplating it. Like staring out my window into the yard and seeing our pool and deciding nah and then go back to doing nothing. #summer)

But post point being that I went to my friend's university ball and we took cute photos and drank a lot of wine and champagne. All round cute night. Left the house: check. Was social: check. Now I'm going crawl back into bed and celebrate the completion of my last law assignment of the year. YouTube opened: hooray!

(If there is one thing I enjoy, it is watching Gordon Ramsey yell at people. So much satisfaction. That bastard.)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your assessment! What do you watch on YouTube??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything! I jump from video to video, but I seem watch a lot of cooking shows like Masterchef and Nigella Lawson when I have assessments.

      Delete
  2. I love your dress! The transition to summer feeling always gives me anxiety because I associate it with exams haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is true. I'm trying not to think about exams yet!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos! Congrats on finishing your assessments :)

    P.S. Love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete